Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This week I have been mostly getting cross about...

... the reaction to the above from the college authorities.

I did something similar when I was at Emmanuel college eleven years ago, although my offence was only against the Master, Lord St John of Fawsley (peace be upon Him). It came in the form of an article in the college newsletter I edited entitled "Shock Slag in Drag and Fag Hag in Shag Shack Shock Shocker." He tried to have me expelled, or rusticated, or whatever they call it in Cambridge. Thankfully he failed on the grounds that the Senior Tutor of the college hated him even more than I did.

And that's how I ended up doing work experience at Private Eye nine and a half years ago. And then got a job there. And am still there. So there.

I've written to the silly sod, er, budding journalist responsible and offered to buy him a pint when he's stopped being too frightened to go out of his door...

No comments: