1. You all know perfectly well that there isn't a single paper on Fleet Street in the moment that has anything even close to £300,000 in readies to spend on anything, let alone a political story. If there was, Jade Goody wouldn't have gone to OK! magazine.
2. The "mole hunt" story rests on you accepting at face value a sum submitted by an MP. See any irony there?
3. It couldn't be clearer which side you're on in the mole v. government equation, even if you did lose your heads in the excitement over the whole Dr David Kelly thing a while back.
4. Stop falling for the spin, you credulous cretins. This isn't moving the story on, its moving the story away.
5. They're on the back foot here. And this one of the very, very rare occasions where you actually do have the moral high ground.